Whatbird Community

How about a photo challenge?  Whoever posts their photo of the subject first wins.  The one rule is that your photos must be taken after the subject(s) are posted.

The first challenge is to take a photo of a jay (any kind) perched on a powerline.

GO!

Edited by The Bird Nuts
  • Like 4
  • Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Almost had one yesterday! A Crow lit on the roof across the street, but flew just as I got outside with my camera! The word must be out among them not to get caught on a roof!!

about 15 minutes ago

Cell phone pic taken just now 🙂

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Melierax said:

Love it! I wish I could participate with the first one, I don't have any Jays here 😄

Oh, sorry. Didn't realize you don't have any where you live.  I'll try to make it so you'll be able to participate in the next one.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, The Bird Nuts said:

Oh, sorry. Didn't realize you don't have any where you live.  I'll try to make it so you'll be able to participate in the next one.

Haha it's fine... do magpies count?

23 minutes ago, The Bird Nuts said:

I don't think our Blue Jays really like them either.  Maybe I made this too hard...

CASJ love them! We need someone on the west coast to take it...:classic_laugh:

• Like 1

Those of us who still get to work are at a definite handicap!  :classic_sad:  Might I suggest starting the next challenge on a Saturday morning?

EDIT: Indeed, posting the challenge at 10 or 11 Eastern would take care of the Eastern earlier sunrise advantage.

Edited by Charlie Spencer
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

Those of us who still get to work are at a definite handicap!  :classic_sad:  Might I suggest starting the next challenge on a Saturday morning?

EDIT: Indeed, posting the challenge at 10 or 11 Eastern would take care of the Eastern earlier sunrise advantage.

I tried to make it more difficult (I don't see Blue Jays on power lines every day). I doubt someone will complete the challenge within a day or even a week.

Edited by The Bird Nuts
  • Like 1