Whatbird Community

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

about 15 minutes ago

Almost had one yesterday! A Crow lit on the roof across the street, but flew just as I got outside with my camera! The word must be out among them not to get caught on a roof!!

OK, I got this one today in Northern New Jersey.. my first owl ever

Posted Images

2 hours ago, lonesome55dove said:

16 JAN 2021 ~ Challenge: The back of a male Downy or Hairy Woodpecker's head. The photo has to show the red patch fully and clearly. Good Luck! 🙂

I got it! Taken 19 minutes ago!

16108359175553664190457573897664.thumb.jpg.9b38e3cf885966f21e12ad7c74faea19.jpg

• Like 2

I don’t think that’s too hard... Around here Bald eagles congregate on the river this time of year, and you can often see 4 in the same tree. 
Though, now that I think of it, can’t come up with another a scenario 😂. Short eared owls are often together right?

Edited by Aaron
15 hours ago, lonesome55dove said:

I don't think vultures are BOP, are they? To the best of my knowledge vultures survive by eating carrion and do not kill live prey. Thanks! 🙂

While not necessarily “birds of prey”, vultures are still officially raptors, I believe.

2 hours ago, MichaelLong said:

Back to the pond I guess 

Me too, American coot, American robin, American goldfinch, American kestrel, American oystercatcher, American pipit, American bittern, American dipper, American redstart, American crow, Just to name a few... shouldn’t be to hard...

2 minutes ago, IKLland said:

Me too, American coot, American robin, American goldfinch, American kestrel, American oystercatcher, American pipit, American bittern, American dipper, American redstart, American crow, Just to name a few... shouldn’t be to hard...

You won’t get the Redstart this time of year!

EDIT- I just looked at the range map. Never mind.

Edited by Seanbirds
I’m an idiot