Whatbird Community

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

about 15 minutes ago

Almost had one yesterday! A Crow lit on the roof across the street, but flew just as I got outside with my camera! The word must be out among them not to get caught on a roof!!

OK, I got this one today in Northern New Jersey.. my first owl ever

Posted Images

On 2/10/2021 at 7:36 PM, Avery said:

How about a picture with three species, each from a different major grouping of birds, ie Waterfowl, BoP (including vultures), sparrows, warblers, flycatchers, thrushes, etc.

10 hours ago, Avery said:

Wrong thread?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Aaron said:

How about a ‘non-water bird’ ( no waterfowl, dippers, snipes, etc) taking a dip or a drink in a stream/creek/river

Common Yellowthroat???

• Haha 1

I think just anything with moving water. If the pond has a waterfall or creek area that pours into it then yes. No lake shores or ocean shores though. Looking for non stagnant water bodies.

Common yellowthroat is a yes. Just nothing that you would expect to find in the actual water normally on a given day. So basically no birds that use the water itself as their primary habitat.

56 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I think just anything with moving water. If the pond has a waterfall or creek area that pours into it then yes. No lake shores or ocean shores though. Looking for non stagnant water bodies.

Common yellowthroat is a yes. Just nothing that you would expect to find in the actual water normally on a given day. So basically no birds that use the water itself as their primary habitat.

Ok, thanks! The pond is in the middle of a pasture so no waterfall or creek access...it's just a pond for livestock that has a few shrubs/bushes growing around it. 🙂

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...