Whatbird Community

Late to the Party...iNaturalist

@Seanbirds IIRC you know a thing or two about mammal IDs. In going through my backlog of pics and getting them on iNat, I've learned there are 23! species of "Western Chipmunks". Any chance you want to take a peak at these. Seems like there are only a couple options for each based on range. I wish I could find the equivalent of allaboutbirds.org for mammals, etc. Especially the comparative ID and similar species pages.

Edited by neilpa
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, neilpa said:

@Seanbirds IIRC you know a thing or two about mammal IDs. In going through my backlog of pics and getting them on iNat, I've learned there are 23! species of "Western Chipmunks". Any chance you want to take a peak at these. Seems like there are only a couple options for each based on range. I wish I could find the equivalent of allaboutbirds.org for mammals, etc. Especially the comparative ID and similar species pages.

Similar species should be on the iNat page for the species.  I have to use that all the time to rule out other moths.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, neilpa said:

All righty! I'll take a look when I have some free time.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...