Whatbird Community

I hope that this is the right place to ask? Anyway, does anybody know what recorders produce the audio tapes that they have on eBird?

Like this?

Screenshot 2020-04-27 at 8.42.32 PM.png

Not sure what your question means.  Are you referring to the histogram, the visual representation, rather than the audio?

This is interesting.  I spent half the morning learning a bit.

It isn't really the recorder that creates the spectograph, or sonogram, or whatever it is, but software.  For me, I have been making movies with my camera, then stripping the audio, and uploading the sound file to eBird.  I don't know what they do to display the information that you're looking at.  I've started playing with recording directly onto my iPad.  I'm waiting on a cable that I can use to connect my external microphone to see if that is better.

However, this morning I decided to see if I can create my own.  All I had to do was change a setting on the software I use to edit the sound file before uploading (Audacity).  I don't know (yet) what I'd have to do to export the visual part.

So, I guess it depends on what it is that you want to do with the picture.

I though it if you uploaded the audio file, Macauley would generate the image automatically.   I've never done it,  that was just my assumption.

Yes, that's the way it works.  I just wasn't sure whether the OP had some other purpose for the graphic representation.